Pet Sales Contract And Agreement
This contract is between Blue Ribbon Puppies, herein after referred to as SELLER and _______________________________________________________________, herein after referred to as BUYER(s).
Address of Buyer:_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Seller agrees to sell Buyer a puppy born _______________________________________ Breed: ____________________________
For the sum of _____________, less the non refundable deposit of $200.00.
1) The Buyer agrees to provide a life-long commitment, comfortable environment, prompt medical attention, proper grooming and responsible care. This includes keeping this puppy/dog parasite free and up to date with inoculations, proper nutrition, which consists of a good quality professional feed given at regular intervals, and fresh water available at all times. The Buyer promises to provide a safe environment for the dog, and never allow the dog to roam freely without proper fencing or supervision. The Seller strongly recommends that the puppy/dog be microchipped or tattooed in order to facilitate his return if lost or stolen. The Seller advises that it’s a good idea to keep the new puppy separate from other dogs in and out of the house until the veterinarian has given it a clean bill of health.
2) The Seller guarantees this puppy/dog to be of sound health and temperament at the time of this sale. A health record of all shots and wormings will be provided by the Seller. The Buyer agrees to take this dog to a licensed veterinarian of his choice within 72 hours for a physical examination.
3) The Seller must be informed immediately of the examination’s result by e-mail or fax. The failure of this will result in the cancellation of the guarantee.
4) If the examination indicates that at the time of sale, such animal was unfit for purchase due to illness, disease, or congenital disorder, you may return the pet to us for an exchange of equivalent value.
5) The Seller guarantees the puppy against fatal viruses for 72 hours. These include Distemper, Parvo, and Corona. It does NOT include Coccidia and Kennel Cough which are common in pups that are shipped and usually caused by bacteria. Kennel Cough is self limiting and like the common cold, it must run its course. Full recovery is expected and Kennel Cough on its own is not life threatening.
6) This puppy is guaranteed until one (1) year of age against fatal and life altering congenital and genetic disease which adversely affects the health of the animal. This includes: Crippling Hip dysplasia - which hampers a dog’s movement and natural gait and requires surgery to correct, demodectic mange -generalized not localized, severe luxating patellas - which hampers a dog’s movement and natural gait and requires surgery to correct, kidney, heart, pancreas, spine, and liver problems of a severe life threatening or altering nature.
7) If the dog dies within this one (1) year time frame, purchaser will pay to have it autopsied to ascertain reason. If reason is genetic or congenital, The Seller will replace the puppy.
8) The Seller must be notified of the problem within two (2) business days of the licensed veterinarian’s determination and have two (2) reports from two (2) different veterinarians stating the same problem and The Seller will provide a replacement puppy of equivalent value. Purchaser is responsible for the transportation cost of the replacement puppy.
9) If at any time the Buyer can no longer retain possession of this dog, the Seller is to be notified and given first option of resuming full ownership of dog in order for the Seller to locate this dog a new home. Refunds, if any, will be at the discretion of the Breeder/ Seller. The dog will be returned with all AKC papers (if applicable) and medical records. Should any circumstances arise that affect the quality of life of this dog, the breeder/seller is to be informed so that they may participate in determining the future of the dog. The Breeder/ Seller reserves the right to approve/prohibit any transfer of this animal to a third party. Under no circumstances will this dog be sold, leased, traded or given away to any pet shop, research laboratory, animal shelter or similar facility.
10) The Buyer agrees to contact the Seller immediately if any questions or concerns arise about the dog, such as housing, diet, health or training. The buyer agrees to keep the seller informed of any treatment as it occurs. This provides the Breeder/Seller with an opportunity to follow up on puppies and gives us important feedback and information on the health or our dogs for future generations.
11) It is understood at the time of sale that this is a pet quality dog and it is representative of its breed. It is structurally and temperamentally suited as a companion and/or obedience dog. Training classes are recommended for a happy relationship between the dog and family. Buyer understands that adult sizes are an estimate only, based on sellers experience and recognition. No guarantees are made. If placed as a breeding dog: Seller is not responsible for bitches or sire's ability to breed or the quality of pups or litter size. It is the buyer's sole responsibility for bills incurred from breeding your dog. Guarantee is null and void as soon as a breeding dog is mated.
12) The Seller will not be responsible for veterinarian fees or costs. Purchaser is aware that owning a puppy means trips to the veterinarian and understands that he/she will be responsible for all payments.
13) Purchaser will keep the puppy current on all vet care including shots, dewormings and heart worm treatment. Purchaser agrees to feed the puppy with premium dog food and not allow the puppy to become obese. The Seller advises that it’s a good idea to keep the new puppy separate from other dogs in and out of the house until the veterinarian has given it a clean bill of health.
14) The Seller is not responsible for temperament issues as they can be caused by a lack of training, discipline or proper dog socialization which is determined by every dog's personality.
15) In the event of any litigation in connection with this Guarantee, The Seller will be paid reasonable attorney fees by the purchaser. This contract is valid only for original purchaser and puppy, it is not transferable.
By signing my name below, I acknowledge that I am the Buyer and that I have read and received a copy of this contract including my dog’s health Record and the Guarantee of Good Health which was verbally stated to me by the Seller.
Signature of Buyer: ____________________________________________ Date: _______________________
Signature of Seller: _____________________________________________ Date: _______________________
You can also download a .pdf version of our contract:
Blue Ribbon Puppy Contract
§ Teacup and Tiny Yorkshire Terrier Puppies § Maltese Puppies § Goldendoodle Puppies §